Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Life of Faith Review

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know some members here are interested in Life of Faith dolls. I got my doll on December 25, and although I updated the FAQ, I forgot to post a "real" review here.

    The first thing I noticed was Elsie's hair. It's not long and curly, like in most of the photos in the catalog. It's more like the photos on page 31 (photo in undergarments). 40 and 43 (Christmas dress); Shirley Temple-like ringlets. I put a photo of the back view here:
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/lifeoffaith.html
    Do those of you with Elsie have a doll with the longer hair or shorter hair? My Elsie doll's hair doesn't even reach her shoulders! I like this style better since it's so different from any AG doll, but thought it was odd that they would vary so much.

    I also lucked out and got a presentation edition. For anyone who wants Elsie or Millie, when they were first released, they came with their presentation accessories for free. My favorite piece in Elsie's accessories is a locket that really opens! If you get your doll from an actual store, check on the box because it will indicate if it's a presentation doll, and you may want to opt for one since you get "freebies" worth $20.

    The other thing I received was a pink dress for Elsie. I changed her out of her presentation dress pretty quickly. Her eyes don't look yellow when not in the yellow dress. I would argue that they are not hazel, as the company claims, but rather a green shade. There's a zoom photo here: http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/lifeoffaith.html

    I'm amazed at the quality of everything; I think they (dolls and clothes) are superior in quality to American Girl. However, Elsie doesn't seem like a doll for a little girl due to her hairstyle, which would be very difficult to maintain, and the fact that she's not snuggly like an AG. So there are both "good" and "bad" aspects to the dolls.

    Also, their heads are much larger than AG, so they may not work as "friend" dolls for those who like similar proportions for their dolls (for an example, check out the photo of Kit with Elsie). However, the clothes did swap very well.

    I'm happy with my new doll. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Congratulations! Thanks for the links and the comparisons/reviews. I was just checking the sites out and I think Violet is very pretty. Going to have to send this information to my mother. I know she would definitely be interested. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •